perjantai 9. joulukuuta 2005

In English

First something about me... I live in Finland and I'm mother of eleven children. My three own daughters are adults already and moved away from home. At home are still living six kids, who have came to us as tiny babies. They are like own children, even though they are not biologically own. I like children very much and I have worked in the hospital with new born babies, also with premature babies.

Now my home is filled by numerous baby dolls! I'm happy because I've found a hobby like this. My aim is to make as genuine looking baby dolls as possible. So there will always be babys in the house, even when real kids grow up! :) Art has been my hobby for a long time, I used to make some paintings. Anyway, that was years ago, nowadays I don't have time anymore for paint anything else than just babies!

Welcome to my blog! Please feel free to leave comments, I would be happy to read about what you think about my dolls. :) You can also e-mail me to info[at]rebornnuket.com if you are interested in getting more information about the hobby or purchasing your own doll.

So my hobby is to make reborn baby dolls. I make dolls also by requests. The aim is to make them look like real babies as much as possible. There are many different layers of dye and I use "Genesis Heat" and "Real Effect" colours to achieve beautiful realistic skin tones. When you look closely, you can see even the bloodveins. The hair is micro rooted one/two hair(s) at one time, same as eye lashes. As material I use
premium angora mohair. The eyes are usually glass or crystal. Small nails are painted and sealed on fingers and toes. It is possible to put a magnet to dolls head to secure the pacifier.

The weight of the dolls is same as real baby, height is between 48 - 55 cm. The body is balanced to feel like newborn baby and there is also weight in the head so you have to support doll's head just like real baby's head. As fillings I use for example glass granules and plastic pellets. Usually the body is soft suedette and limbs are vinyl. Reborn baby dolls are not toys for children but for collectors or adult "dollmothers". 

Under the headline "Nukkeni" there is some pictures of the reborndolls I've made. The descriptions are only in finnish, sorry about that. This hobby started in 2006 and "Emmiliina" is the first one. Back then I couldn't guess that few years later I would have made over hundred dolls... :)

Check out also the gallery of pacifiers I collect!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti